Two incidents

Posted on Thursday, July 30, 2009 by Anuj Mehta

Recently two incidents happened with me and I am sure they will have a lasting impression on me. Here goes the incidents






1. Few days back I went to a juice shop and ordered a juice. I was waiting for my juice and then a small boy came to me and started begging. I bluntly refused him and started looking away from him. Then person standing next to me ordered a milk shake and offered it to that boy, the boy seems really hungry and gulped down the milk shake, I could see shine in his eyes that moment. It is said "Actions speak louder than words" and that person's actions made me feel guilty, I was really ashamed of myself. It's not that I don't do any charity...since the time I had started earning I make sure to donate every year a decent amount to an orphanage in my native but still I was feeling very bad. I am living a decent life..why this thing didn't occurred to me to help this boy.





2. It was Saturday morning and out of my usual practice I woke up bit early. I went out to check if the newspaper has come but it hasn't so I went out in the balcony waiting for my newspaper guy to come. From the balcony I could see a bunch of Muslim girls standing together and chatting gayly. My newspaper man (He is a Hindu) was coming on his bicycle and while taking a turn on the road he bent bit more and the newspapers kept on the rear-end of cycle started falling. Seeing this all the girls rushed towards the newspaper man, picked up all the fallen newspapers and helped the person in rearranging it. I just hoped that time why we all become elders and started fighting with others just because of caste, its better we all stay small and at least we won't fight with others or kill them just because they are of a caste which we don't like. Probably that bunch of small girls has taught me a better lesson than any book that I have read over the years.

6 Responses to "Two incidents":

Vineeta says:

I happen to saw ur blog in twitter section of indiblogger and couldn't resist writing comment on this topic.

You have pressed the right nerve! I feel guilty everytime.. I have face a begger on the signal. Reason - I can't help them.. there r so many. But now atleast I have made a point.. I keep biscuits in my car and make sure that I give them to the small children who come begging. I just doing this to avoid any guilt feeling later.

Vineeta says:

btw.. I am following u on twitter now

Anuj Mehta says:

Thanks Vineeta for your comments...probably from now on I will also keep biscuits with me (but I am not sure whether I will be able to resist myself from eating it..before I get an opportunity to give it someone needful)

@ngel ~ says:

Its quite thoughtful observation. I hope reading this entry will inspire many. :)
Somyaa

@ngel ~ says:

Its quite thoughtful observation. I hope reading this entry will inspire many. :)
Somyaa

Anuj Mehta says:

Thanks somyaa...I will be really happy if my post inspires even a single person and he/she helps out a needy person